Help Change a Young Life for Eternity!
Support the Dunlap Adoption Assistance Fund
Many families in the ARP who adopt children often face the significant challenge of having available finances. Interest is high for the adoption option and but because the average domestic or foreign adoption expense is between $25,000 and $35,000, the cost alone is prohibitive for modest incomes of most pastoral staff.
To help meet the need, a special Adoption Assistance Fund was established to assist adoptive families of ARP elders and members in good standing. No Synod funds are used to resource the Adoption which relies solely on private donations. You can
3 Significant ways to give:
- Name the ARP Adoption Assistance fund in your Will
- Give appreciated property – Stock, Bonds, Land, or Timber
- Give cash now using the Give Now button below
The ARP Foundation will happily Guide you through at no cost
The purpose of the William H. Dunlap Orphanage is to provide care, support, maintenance, and education of orphaned, or fatherless, or helpless, or needy children and to support projects related to such children. Our ministry is to those made vulnerable by unfortunate circumstances and whose vulnerability is compounded by their youth. Our purpose is to relieve the disadvantaged by:
- providing for basic physical necessities;
- providing spiritual, mental and emotional well-being; and
- providing assistance toward greater self-reliance.
Financial assistance (grants) are limited to “exempt organizations” (as defined in the Internal Revenue Code) which are providing comprehensive physical, educational, emotional, and spiritual care in a Christian environment. Funding for such projects shall not exceed five years and shall be on a declining basis. The Board will happily consider any proposal which offers the opportunity to meet the needs of orphaned, or fatherless, or helpless, or needy children, subject to the following guidelines:
1. Proposals will be considered on an annual basis. To be considered, completed applications must be postmarked and received not later than February 1 at the Administrative office:
William H. Dunlap Orphanage, Inc.
Associate Reformed Presbyterian Center
918 S Pleasantburg Dr Ste 127
Greenville SC 29607-2424
2. Proposals must include a completed William H. Dunlap Application for Grant with the required attachments. Applicants need to view the following before completing the application:
3. The William H. Dunlap Board will determine the projects to receive support at its Fall meeting. The funds granted to the applicant will become available during the following calendar year.
Dunlap Trustees have established ongoing relationships with French Camp Academy, French Camp, MS, Palmer Home For Children, Columbus, MS, and Collins Home for Children, Seneca, SC. These ministries will provide resources and opportunities for ministry. Dunlap has established two Scholarship programs for orphans. The William H. Dunlap Scholarship at Erskine College, and a scholarship program for Associate Reformed Presbyterian orphans who cannot attend Erskine.