The following ministerial opportunities are currently available. Associate Reformed Presbyterian ministers wishing the assistance of General Synod’s Committee on Minister and His Work should first have an up to date Ministerial Data Form on file at the ARP Center. Inquiries should be directed to the Presbytery Chairman of the Minister and His Work Committee, unless otherwise specified.
Outreach North America
- Church planters wanted! Actively seeking called, gifted and qualified men to start churches throughout the USA and Canada. We are Outreach North America, the church planting agency of the Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church. We work with Presbyteries to plant churches! The ARPC has maintained her confessional and doctrinal standards over her 200-year history in North America. We are deeply committed to the Great Commission, “winsomely Reformed”, Biblically conservative, complementarian in our leadership and subscribe to the Westminster confession. We have a surprisingly large international mission presence for our relatively small denomination with 100 missionaries serving in 20 countries.
We offer multi-year national and local financial support to help church plants get rooted. We also offer personal assessment for church planting gifts, training and provisional Session oversight.
To be a church planter in the ARPC you must hold a Masters of Divinity degree (with Greek and Hebrew) from an accredited and approved Seminary. We also require a commitment to and clear articulation of Reformed Theology, ordination or wiliness to be ordained in the ARPC and active participation in our denominational ministries. If you meet these qualifications and feel a tug by the Holy Spirit to learn more, please contact Ms. Erin Hipps, assistant to the Executive Director of Outreach North America at email@example.com. Or call 864-467-1800.
- Covenanters ARP Church, 6185 Highway 1, Cambridge NS B0P1G0, Canada – Seeking immediate short term preaching supply during a period of vacancy in our small rural church. We invite a qualified biblical preacher for any duration between two weeks and two months. A small furnished residence is available. Please contact Peter Lindsay firstname.lastname@example.org
- Grace Fellowship Church (Associate Reformed Presbyterian), 3 Meadowbrook Dr, Sydney Mines NS B1V 0A3, Canada – Seeking the person of God’s choosing to provide leadership to our youth ministry with a focus on outreach to children and teens in the community through the development of a community youth center. Preference will be given to those individuals who have formal Bible and Ministry training. For more information about the position to include benefits, and a description of the ministry and community, go to the church webpage: gracefellowshipchurch.ca. The deadline for applications is August 22, 2016. Please submit a letter of intent and resume to Rev. Rick Barnes – email@example.com.
- Neely’s Creek ARP Church, 974 Neely’s Creek Rd, Rock Hill SC 29730 – Seeking a Director of Youth Ministries. If you are interested in applying for the youth director position, please download the job description and contact Bradley Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org or (704)307-1802.
- Adams Farm Community Church (ARP), 5113 Mackay Rd, Jamestown NC 27282 – Seeks a servant of Christ to provide leadership to the Youth Ministry (Grades 6-12). To develop relationships with youth, their friends, and their families. To foster Christian maturity in our youth by inviting them to know Christ, grow in their faith, serve in their church/community, and share the Gospel. To build multiplying disciples who will become lifelong followers of Jesus Christ because they have experience an authentic relationship with Him that results in visible and lasting fruit. Download the Position Description for more details.
- Back Creek ARP Church, 1821 Back Creek Church Rd, Charlotte NC 28213 – Seeking a Director of Music Ministry. Please see our web page for the position description and application details.
- Covenant ARP Church, 106 Plantation Blvd Jacksonville NC 28540 – Seeking a full time pastor. We are located on the east coast of North Carolina near Camp Lejeune, NC. Please prayerfully send your résumé to: Covenant ARP Church, Attention: Tony Langley, 106 Plantation Blvd, Jacksonville NC 28540.
- Covenant ARP Church, 120 N. Greenbriar Road, Statesville, NC 28625 – Seeking pastor. Please send all letters of interest to: Ronald R. Gadish, 151 Locke Moore Lane, Statesville NC 28625.
- Mint Hill Presbyterian Church, 8528 Brief Road, Mint Hill NC 28227-8449 – A Christ-centered congregation with a vision to reach Mint Hill with the gospel of Christ. Mint Hill Presbyterian exists to glorify God by reaching the lost, making disciples and worshiping the Savior. Seeking a man who would proclaim Christ to us from the pulpit, would minister to us in Christ’s name throughout the week and would go before the throne of Christ in prayer on our behalf. For details, please download Pastoral Search Qualifications and contact search committee chair Steve Smith at email@example.com.
- Westview ARP Church, 1020 W Catawba Ave, Mt. Holly NC 28120. – We are looking for a Part Time or Tent Making Pastor who is in a position to help us grow. We are a very friendly small Congregation. Mt. Holly NC is just outside of Charlotte NC and is a very nice community. Please send resumés to Greg Holland via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or US Mail to the address listed above.
- First Presbyterian Church (ARP), 16 N 3rd Street, Lake Wales FL 33853 – Seeking a Director of Youth Ministries. For further information and to apply go to https://rebrand.ly/youthjob. Website: fpclw.org. Phone: 863-676- 0711.
Mississippi Valley Presbytery
- Faith Presbyterian Church, ARP, 1300 Mississippi Street, Leakesville, Mississippi 39451 – Seeking full time pastor. We are looking for a full-time solo pastor who will place high priority on the proclamation of the word of God, spiritual development of our members, and evangelism of the lost. As members we seek to glorify God with all our hearts, with all our minds and with all our strength. Our church is located in the small town of Leakesville, halfway between Hattiesburg, Mississippi and Mobile, Alabama in Greene County, Mississippi. Please prayerfully consider this opportunity and contact Richard Fleming, Pulpit Committee Chairman at Rocksup74@gmail.com, to submit your resume or if you have questions.
- Church Planter – The Northeast Presbytery of the Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church is ready to sponsor a mission developer in a growing area of Maryland or Pennsylvania.The ideal candidate will have a demonstrable record in personal evangelism, skill in expository preaching, ability to articulate the Reformed faith as summarized in the Westminster Confession and Catechisms, and, if married, a healthy family life and a wife who shares his commitment to church planting and hospitality. He should have a M.Div. from an accredited seminary and be ordained (or eligible for ordination) in the ARP.Interested men should complete the Self-Assessment Instrument, “Is Church Planting in the ARP a Good Fit for Me?” found at http://outreachnorthamerica.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Self-Assesment-Test3.pdf.Our presbytery and synod offer an exploratory year serving on a church staff, multi-year financial support, a church planters’ assessment center, training, and provisional session oversight.Inquiries should be directed to Rev. Peter Kemeny, chairman of Outreach Northeast and Pastor of Good News Presbyterian Church in Frederick, MD (301-473-7070; email@example.com).
- First Presbyterian Church, 2200 Fellowship Rd, Tucker GA 30084 – Seeking Pastor. Please see job qualifications and description and church data form for further information. Resumes may be submitted to Bob Starr firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Greenwood ARP Church, 1635 Cokesbury Rd, Greenwood SC 29649 – Seeking part-time Director of Family Life Ministries. Download Job Description for details.
- White Oak ARP Church, 2796 Gordon Rd, Senoia GA 30276-2634 – Seeking Associate Pastor for Youth and Families. Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com Download church profile and job description.
- Beck’s Reformed Church, 2845 Beck’s Church Rd, Lexington NC 27292 – Seeking a full-time Senior Pastor. Beck’s believes the Bible is the inerrant, infallible, and inspired Word of God and Christ Jesus is heralded as Lord and Savior. Beck’s is seeking leadership that will Biblically direct and assist the congregation as it continues to build its vision as a community of faith and service. The church staff includes a full time Youth-Director, part-time Music Director, and a secretary. Beck’s provides a traditional and a non-traditional service, while offering scheduled programs for children through senior citizen. For more information and an application, go to www.beckschurch.com or contact the church secretary at 336-357-2369.
- Brookdale Presbyterian Church (EPC), 203 S 31st St, St Joseph MO 64501 – Seeking a Pastor of Spiritual Formation and a Director of Worship. Brookdale is a growing gospel-centered church in St. Joseph, Missouri, just north of Kansas City, with a communicant membership of approximately three hundred. With more than one hundred years of history, the church has a strong reputation in both the city and its surrounding neighborhood. It has been known as a church that is theologically sound, well grounded in Scripture, and active in ministry. Please download the job descriptions for further information: Pastor of Spiritual Formation, Director of Worship. Candidates may apply by submitting a resume and PIF form to: Jay McGhee, Brookdale Presbyterian Church,203 S 31st St, St Joseph MO 64501 or by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Covenant Presbyterian Church (PCA), 3100 Covenant Road, Columbia SC 29204 – Seeking to call a solo pastor to serve our congregation according to biblical and historical Reformed example. As an overseer, the pastor is charged with the spiritual care and feeding the Lord’s body at Covenant, and is charged to carry out that care with all diligence, patience, perseverance, humility, and sobriety, following the biblical pattern. Faithful proclamation of the Word, officiation of the sacraments, leadership in worship and prayer are a central part of the pastor’s role. God’s Word is the foundation of our Lord’s Day service, as we come together to remember His great promises through His Word and Spirit. This includes an emphasis on expository preaching, Reformed liturgies, hymns/psalms, and weekly communion. Before applying, please see both the complete job description and church profile packet, which include contact information. Job description. Covenant PCA Church profile packet.
- First Congregational Church, 36 Elm St, Woodstock, VT 05091 – The First Congregational Church of Woodstock (FCCW) is seeking to fill the position of Senior Pastor with a man of God who will lead us into the next chapter for which God has been preparing us. FCCW is a vibrant, independent reformed evangelical church located in historic and beautiful Woodstock, Vermont, a destination and resort community approximately 2.5 hours northwest of Boston and part of the Upper Valley Vermont/New Hampshire area that includes Dartmouth College. Please see our Position Description and contact Jerry Morton 802-672-2299 for further information or to make application.